Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Contemplations

I've been reading the journals entries of current thru hikers on Trailjournals.com and I must admit, it makes one think long and hard about this tremendous journey soon to come. I have read about the intense cold, the snow of the Smokies, the exhaustion, the tough terrain, the wonderings of why put oneself through this. I've also read how some have dropped out due to physical problems. Iit makes me really wonder - will I be able to do this with my physical situations like a bum knee, bad ankle and metatarsal pain? Do I have what it takes when the going gets downright impossible? Am I called to hike for over 2,000 miles in six months? All these contemplations. But I like what one thru hiker said. It will take grace to see Katahdin with everything that happens. And I must agree.

No comments: