Monday, August 21, 2006

Section completed


Skipper and Paul Bunyan at Rockfish Gap




Getting serious. Paul Bunyan, Blissful, and Skipper at Paul C Wolf Shelter



We completed the AT now from Tye River Gap all the way to Ashby Gap. Am looking forward to the day when I can say we completed it all the way from Springer to Katahdin! But we are hoping to do as much of VA as possible so that when 2007 comes along, we can skip that part and have a better chance of completing it in time for Paul Bunyan to attend college for the 2007 fall semester. This part was a little mixed though. We had long mileage the second day (16 miles) and not being trail conditioned, it was hard. The trail was not what I expected. Had more physical complaints hip and foot wise, but the knees held out good. But what do you expect, I suppose. Even though this section left me a little more bummed out, Skipper continues to remain encouraging. And for that I am so grateful.

No comments: