Thursday, December 21, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and thanks for taking a look at my blog. Hard to believe it's been nearly a year since I created this blog. And hard to believe that the hike is almost here. I have a feeling great tears will be shed on the day I start. And seeing the plaque on Springer Mtn. And the other milestones to come. But God has been so good. Meeting some great people online who are wishing me well on the hike. Was able to get hiking boots for Skipper and Paul Bunyan for only $27 on Steep and Cheap last night - the same boots they have now so they have two pair for the trail! Also had an offer for me and Paul B. to stay at a cabin in PA that Ed Garvey once stayed in and where he signed the trail register. Talk about nostalgia. Can't wait. Already there are trail blessings to be had.

The next hurdle is to again inform my parents of this trip which I plan to do during the Christmas break. I have hinted a few times before but this time I must tell them it's for real and I leave March 1st. But a friend of mine already said she would pray for that encounter, and I am so grateful.

No comments: