Thursday, November 01, 2007

The News Begins...


I was out for a run today - I've been doing that to keep myself in some kind of shape and sanity, really, when I spied a newspaper in our culvert. Normally we receive The Daily Progress only on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, so I was somewhat surprised, this being Thursday. I opened it up to see the following sidebar under What's Next.
The Trek That Dreams Are Made Of
For more than 30 years Lauralee Bliss has dreamed of hiking the Appalachian Trail. She recently completed her goal, accompanied by her 17-year-old son, Joshua. Read about their 2,175 mile trek in this Sunday's Lifestyles.
So there it is - the big story on our hike is coming this Sunday, November 4th. We had a photo shoot last week with all our gear spread out in the backyard. The photographer took pictures of us with our gear, setting up our tent, standing beside a map of the trail. It is exciting, for certain. But I can't get wrapped up in it all. I'm just amazed and teary-eyed that I was even able to complete this journey. And what God can do with a dream, if we let Him. That is where the real story lies.

No comments: