Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas



Greeted with snow that morning in the Smokies
Long ago, when I was section hiking the Appalachian Trail in what I thought was a snow-safe month of late March, 2014 (is any month snow-or-storm-safe when in the Great Smoky Mountains? I should know better!) - I trudged through foot-tall drifts of snow along with bitter cold temps. It was difficult to hike in but beautiful all the same. Back then, all I could think of was how much it looked like Christmas. 

Snowy footprints to follow

So enjoy some photos of that time with our wish here at Blissful Hiking that you have a wonderful Christmas- snow or no snow!



My humble abode in the snow

On the way to Clingman's Dome, highest point on the AT. March 2014



On Clingman's Dome



The sun sets at the Mt Collins Shelter





No comments: