Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Some Maddening News to Tell!

Thought I would bring you up-to-date on what is happening newsworthy-wise, and it's exciting.

Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine has a clip from one of our trail stories about hypothermia in their September issue. Scroll down until you come to "Mountain Madness". On the left side there is also a picture of the three of us. And yes, that is Skipper in a sportkilt which he loves to wear hiking in hot weather. Here's the link to the article under Close Calls.

And I learned yesterday that the Appalachian Trail Conservancy wishes to use a photo from last year's hike in their newest guidebook for Vermont and New Hampshire! It is also the picture that won a contest a few months back.

I am working steadily on a book proposal to sell our adventure last year on the trail. I met with a few editors at a writer's conference who expressed interest in seeing it. I also went to learn how a fiction author turns to non fiction and came away with many good ideas. So I am hoping and praying a major publisher will pick up our story and run with it! Stay tuned.

No comments: