Fulfill Your Hiking Dream! Here to help fellow hikers by offering wisdom, ideas, and lessons learned from a two-time AT North and South, Long Trail, Foothills Trail, Allegheny Trail, Colorado Trail, Florida Trail, Shenandoah Nat'l Park 500 miler completions. Former Ridgerunner, Author, and now Speaker
Blissful Hiking looks back at 2013 and some of the great
hikes and opportunities that came forth within the year.
1. A two week hike in March from Amicalola Falls State Park, GA via
the Approach Trail on the Appalachian Trail
Atop Blood Mountain
north to Stecoah Gap, North Carolina.
Snow, cold, thru hikers galore, some with interesting habits, my observations
of the journey (along with related blogs of interest for prospective long distance hikers).
Out of NOC - Natahala Outdoor center
2. Official PATC ridgerunner for Shenandoah National Park. I
covered the entire trail from where it enters the park just north of Compton
Gap to Rockfish Gap.
I met over three hundred thru hikers and 43 bears. Returning
to the park in 2014.
3. Mountains, Madness, and Miracles – 4000 Miles Along the
Appalachian Trail debuts this year! My 4,000 plus miles north and south on the Appalachian
Trail are chronicled in this book available in both e-book and print.
4. The annual fall hike took me to the Tuscarora Trail. Details
of that adventure here.
6. Speaking activities including talks inside Shenandoah National Park,
Presenting at the evening program at Big Meadows
at The Gathering, and also various other groups. NEW in 2014
will be an all-day backpacker workshop March 8th!!