Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Look Back

As the year closes out today, I like to take the opportunity to look back on my hiking goals and what was accomplished and experienced:
AT Section hike


1. My section hike on the AT - wintry weather was the making of this two week section hike that began near Stecoah Gap and ended just shy of Erwin, TN.


2. Another great year ridgerunning Shenandoah National Park. With the hopes of another season, coming, I found this year in the park to be a great experience meeting plenty of eager hikers, and helping maintain the AT. Oh, and my bear tally was 45.
Meeting friends as a ridgerunner


3. Completing the Shenandoah 500. I succeeded in hiking all the maintained trails within this national park. I hope one day to see recognition set up for this important goal. Until then I help administrate on a Shenandoah Hikers group on Facebook sharing our love of the park.


4. Completed the Foothills  Trail. This was a unique experience for me, and while difficult as far as some of the elements, spider webs, and the weird insect sting that became infected at the end of te hike, it was an interesting adventure.

Whitewater Falls along the Foothills Trail

So what's in store for 2015? Well this is on my resolution wish list - so we shall see. Continue my section hiking of the AT, the Wonderland Trail around Mt Rainier, and my third season as a ridgerunner in Shenandoah National Park. Maybe other things, too. Who knows.

No comments: